Saturday, January 9, 2010

“Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.” -Salvador Dali

So... the peacock sofa is gone. Thus proving, once again, that when I snooze, I loose. Or is it something about birds in the hand versus birds in the bush? Alright, with the use of the word bush, I'm going down a road that is meant for an entirely different blog. I digress.

Today is devoted to a vocabulary lesson. I've come across many new words and definitions as a hunting I have gone. The word I'd like all of you to know is DESTASH. A quick etsy search of this word this morning yielded 1137 pages of product. In layman's terms: destash=sale. I found everything from vintage milk glass beads to a 1950's ad showing a man spanking his wife. Possibly the genesis of Mad Men? The ad was for men's shirts taken from a magazine. The backside (no pun intended) of said advertisement was tauting the benefits of white bread. Brilliant. If only I could turn those magazine pages into a pillow.

I think the future of this blog holds the possibility of a destash biweekly challenge. Today, I'll limit the scope to a destash thematic link. Ready... set...go...

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=38166096&ref=sr_gallery_7&&ga_search_query=destash&ga_search_type=all&ga_page=3&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Probably not enough feathers there to decorate your existing sofa, but a lampshade? Now you're talkin'. And thus with a link, I fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment