Saturday, February 20, 2010

Pinch It

"Influence is like a savings account. The less you use it, the more you've got."
-Andrew Young

So, I am going to drain a bit of my influential bank roll to try to persuade towards something I have found to be quite a gold mine: Groupon. Yes, like coupon for a group. I am not, nor will I ever be a hard core coupon clipper, but if I can find something convenient that saves me some money, I'll take it.

Here is how it works.... you register your email with the Groupon in your city and each day you will receive a deal via email. Each deal is set up with a threshold that must be met for the deal to be "on" (for example, 45 people must buy it before it is officially "on") Once the deal is on, you usually have 24 hours to purchase whatever is being offered. I have been receiving the emails for a couple months and have cashed in three deals so far. The first: a $70, 1 hour massage which I paid $35 for. I have also purchased a family membership to the Minnesota Historical Society. For those of you in Minnesota, that is good for unlimited visits to the Historical Society in St. Paul as well as unlimited visits to the Mill City Museum in downtown Minneapolis. Both of these destinations are fabulous, kid-friendly adventures. The last, but not least, was $75 worth of organic produce delivered to my door for $35. The latter of the three deals is currently still on. In my humble opinion, it's worth a glance.

Granted, many of the deals that come through are for obscure business located 45 minutes from me, but I've seen enough benefit to feel good putting it out there. The link is below... have a blast with a new way to pinch those pennies.

http://www.groupon.com/r/uu707283

No comments:

Post a Comment