Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Red Carpet Moment

This is a big week for me and Mish Mash.  I've made it to the finals for "Best New Shop" in the Edina Magazine readers poll.  Thursday is the big awards program at the new Edina Westin Hotel.  Of course there will be beautiful people.  Of course there will be smashing outfits.  Of course there will be photographers.... and me. 

The outfit I wear is a big deal.  It must be flattering.  It must represent me and my Mish Mash vision, and it must be killer!  After several dress modeling sessions with my children, and my oldest advising that "I'm trying too hard,"  I narrowed the dress down to a pea-green cotton dress.  It needed a bit of nipping and tucking to get it just right, but it's now ready.

Part of the choice of dress came from a desire for the focus of the outfit to be one of my vintage rework necklaces.  Because the dress is such a muted color, I needed the necklace to be bright.  I also really want it to reflect some of the cheekiness that is Mish Mash.

Three vintage pins + some chandelier crystals + lots of vintage chains and pearls =



Wish  me luck with the awards.  Cross your fingers that the photos are good.  Thanks to all who have supported my crazy vision over the last year!

1 comment: