Saturday, July 28, 2012

Fancy Nancy

"Wine & cheese are ageless companions, like aspirin & aches or good people & noble ventures."
-M.F.K Fisher

One of the joys of having the shop is having the pleasure of meeting and befriending new people.  I have found, no matter the age difference, there is common ground.  One of my favorite patrons and contributors to Mish Mash is Nancy Potter.


Nancy was quick to spot Mish Mash and make herself a part of things.  She regularly brings me vintage treasures.  Even better than her vintage treasures are the goods that she herself has made over the years that I am lucky enough to sell at the shop.


Nancy made this in the 1970's.  That makes it both vintage and handmade.  A friend of mine bought this and carried it to an event.  Needless to say, it was a hit.


Some 50 years ago, Nancy and some friends founded Manamore.  It was an artists' collective that eventually had a store front in Edina.  She tells me that Mish Mash reminds her very much of her group.  To this day, Nancy is still part of an artist group.  Together they tour museums and studios, share their knowledge and appreciate that of others.  I'm thrilled to be a part of Nancy's world.

2 comments:

  1. Though I have never met her,I feel that Nancy is indeed a kindred spirit. Everything that touches her hand speaks of goodness and peace,the rare,the wise and the original. Her angel of growing in a turquoise dress,its hem of lace,her head crowned with halo of golden spikes,black hair streaming in between and purple flowers watches over me as I sleep."A time to grow," Nancy has painted over profound black like a doorway framing the angel. And it is,it will always be: A time to grow. I didn't need the painting...or did I?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually,it says,a time to plant...even more wonderfully said. And the wings of my angel have roses on them.

    ReplyDelete